Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The full item is displayed by clicking on a title or cover in the results list.
Export and save options are on the top right.
- Cite: obtain a bibliographic reference for the item. On the left-hand side, you can export bibliographic data to EndNote, RefWorks or in RIS format (namely for Zotero and Mendeley). On the right-hand side, you can display a reference in various formats (APA, MLA, etc.) to copy/paste elsewhere. Please note: always make sure you have the correct reference. It may in some cases include French words (i.e.: de).
- Share: Provides a shortened URL to this record.
- Save: add to My Items (Saved Items) on the top of the page. Please note: if you do not sign in to your Sofia account, items will only be saved during the work session. To save them permanently, you must sign in.
Full Item (cont.)
The item includes several other sections to open and close as needed. Some items may not include all of the following sections.
- Browse the shelves: displays item on a virtual shelf with the other items that have a similar call number, and could therefore be relevant. Navigate left and right to see the next items.
- Explore editions and formats: displays different copies or editions of the item, such as earlier editions, other languages, other formats (e-book, large-print books, microform, etc.) Every edition includes summary information; click on a title to access the item.
One or several of the following sections may come up:
- Access online: displays digital items with a hyperlink. Access conditions are specified in Notes.
- Polytechnique Montréal: displays copies from Polytechnique Montréal with exact location and availability. If available, you may hold the item by clicking on the "Request/Hold” button (see Hold section). Select the item and pick-up location in the dialog window.
- Bibliothèques universitaires du Québec: displays items from other libraries affiliated with the Quebec University Library Partnership. You consult or borrow the items on site, but interlibrary loans are usually preferred. Click on the “Request via Sofia” button. For licencing purposes, you may not directly access digital items from other institutions. A note to this effect shall be displayed.
- Libraries Worldwide: displays copies from other libraries around the world that have deposited their collections in WorldCat. Click on “Request via Interlibrary Loan” (if available) to request an interlibrary loan, which is transferred through Colombo. You may also click on a specific library to consult its catalogue directly.