Calcul Québec is a non-profit organization that supports digital research in Quebec by providing researchers with access to high-performance computing and storage infrastructure, all of which are hosted in Canada. They also provide general and specialized support to their users, as well as training. They are a regional partner of the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (formerly Compute Canada) - Calcul Québec.
High Performance Computing (HPC)
Thanks to its partnership with the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (formerly Compute Canada), Calcul Québec has access to several supercomputers, which are equipped with a wide variety of specialized software.
Béluga : Located at the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS).
Narval : Located at the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS).
1. Go to the home page of the Alliance's portal, the CCDB (Compute Canada DataBase)
2. Click on Register
3. Read and accept the CCDB's user agreement and consent forms.
4. Choose your preferred language, and if it is your first time making an account, click NO in the Account Application box(see screen capture below).
5. Fill out the registration form, and choose your status from amongst the twelve categories of user roles. You will need to use your Polytechnique email address.
6. Click on Submit Application. Wait until you receive a confirmation email from the Alliance, and then click on the link in the email to confirm your account. If you do not receive the confirmation email, send an email to email@example.com.
If you are the research supervisor, your application will be sent to an administrator, who will verify your information. You should receive a response within two business days.
If you are a member of a research team, an email will be sent to your supervisor to confirm your information.
7. Once your request has been accepted, you will receive an email with your login information.
Introduction to Calcul Québec (only available in French)
Presentation by Suzanne Talon, Director of Calcul Québec Quebec, on sensitive data and Calcul Québec's services, offered during the Université de Québec à Trois-Rivières' research data management conference in March 2021.