Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrowing documents and scanning service
Borrowing : As a member of the Polytechnique Montréal community, you can borrow documents at the Library with your Polytechnique ID card. The majority of documents may be borrowed for a 30-day period. Please refer to the chart below for details regarding loan duration for every type of document.
- Course reserves : Mandatory and recommended books are located in the Course reserves at the Library service counter.
- Maximum of 3 items can be checked out for a loan period of 4 hours. No renewals.
- New! Night loan : The Night loan is a new service that allows you to borrow items from the Course reserves and bring them home after Library hours.
- This service can be requested at the Library service counter after 7 PM from Monday to Friday, or after 3 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Items need to be returned no later than 1 h after library opening hours the following day, before 9:30 AM Monday to Friday or before 11 AM Saturdays and Sundays.
- Overdue fines are 0,50$ per item, every 15 minutes past the due time.
- If a Course reserves item is brought back late once, a note is added to your account. The second time you bring a Course reserves item late, you lose the Night loans privilege for the duration of the term.
- Board Games : Games are courtesy of the AEP and may only be borrowed by members of the Polytechnique community. See the full list of games on loan from the Library.