The book you're looking for is unavailable? Reserve it.
Once an item is reserved, the user who has borrowed it has 7 days, after the due date to bring it back. Upon the item's return, you will receive an email informing you it is available for pick up. Since item renewals are automatic as long as it is not requested by another user, we recommend that you place a hold on items you need when they are checked out.
Here are the steps to place a hold :
1. To reserve a document, whether it is available on the shelf or already borrowed, you must use the Request button in the Sofia discovery tool.
2. Clicking the "Obtenir" button will redirect you to the authentification page, in case you're not already signed in.
3. Once you're signed in, complete the form, filling in the requested information; placing the hold on the first available item or a particular item (placing a hold on the first available item will get you the document more quickly) and pick up location (for all documents, this is always Polytechnique - Lassonde).
4. Click on "Envoyer" to submit your hold request.
5. When the document is ready for you, you will receive an email notification letting you know the document is ready for pick up at Polytechnique's Library.
ATTENTION : loans are renewed automatically every 30 days, as long as they are not reserved by another patron. Therefor, if you need a book that is checked out, the best way to get it is to place a hold on it. This will prevent the document to be renewed in the borrower's file. The borrower will have to bring back the book in order for the next patron to borrow it.
Don't hesitate to contact our Reference Desk.