1. Can I use EndNote at home?
EndNote can be downloaded from the Library website (see the tab Installation). It can be installed on both institutional and personal computers, provided the user signs a license agreement and consents to uninstall the program at the request of a Polytechnique staff member or upon leaving the school.
2. Can I use EndNote with BibTeX/LaTeX?
Consult the BibTeX / LaTeX / Zotero / Zotero Guide published by the Library.
3. How can I convert my ProCite database to EndNote?
ProCite databases can be converted to EndNote, yet the number and quality of the records can affect the transfer. Consult the section "Creating a Library from ProCite" from the EndNote manual available at: C:\Program Files\EndNote X9\EndNote.pdf.
4. How can I convert my Mendeley Desktop library to EndNote?
Consult the article EndNote: Transferring records from Mendeley Desktop.
5. Can I open my EndNote library created in a previous version of EndNote with X9?
Previous versions are compatible with the current one. However, once an older library has been opened with a new version of EndNote, it should only be used with this new version.
6. How do I use EndNote in a research group?
You can share your EndNote X8 or X9 library with up to 100 people. All of them can add references and use it at the same time.
7. I plan to write a manuscript-based thesis including journal articles. Can I produce a complete bibliography listing all my references at the end of my thesis?
EndNote lets you create reference lists at the end of each section of a Word document and a complete bibliography at the end of the document. See page 32 of the Guide d’utilisation de base EndNote X9 (in French only) under the Documentation tab.
8. I had problems installing EndNote. What should I do?
Follow the step-by-step Installation Guide under the Installation tab. If the problem persists, uninstall EndNote and start again. The producer's guides can also be useful.