EndNote Online is the online version of EndNote Desktop. Access your online library and synchronize it with your EndNote Destop library. An app for iPad and iPhone only is also available.
EndNote Online facilitates reference sharing between users and allows assigning acces rights to these users (Read & Write or Read Only).
● Windows: Edit ➞ Preferences ➞ Sync
● Mac: EndNote X9 ➞ Preferences
Enable Sync ➞ Sign up with your Polytechnique email.
● Organize ➞ Manage My Groups ➞ Manage Sharing ➞ Start Sharing This Group
● Enter the emails of the people you want to share your groups with (i.e., the emails used to create their Online accounts). Choose the rights you grant to others: Read & Write or Read Only).
Manage My Groups shows which users have access to which groups and their rights.
This icon identifies the shared groups. The groups that have been shared with you appear under Groups Shared by Others.
It is not possible to create group sets in EndNote Online. Also, group sets created in EndNote Desktop will not synchronize with EndNote Online.
● Organize ➞ Manage My Groups ➞ New Group ➞ OK.
Click on the reference title to open the detailed reference. Fill in the Research Notes field ➞ Save.
If Research Notes does not display, click on Show Empty Fields to make all fields visible.
● Double click on a reference ➞ Attachments ➞ Attach files ➞ Select the file to attach.
This app is mostly useful to consult and use references. Available for free on the App Store only. Consult EndNote for iPad & iPhone (Clarivate) to learn more about how the app works and how to download it.
Open EndNote and/or EndNote Online to synchronize. The app syncs periodically when it is open and displays the last update date and time (see image below). However, only groups are synced; Group Sets are not.
Share individual references (without sharing a group) Select the references (less than 100 at a time) ➞ Email.
Sync references and groups from EndNote Desktop to EndNote Online. EndNote Destop will ask you to make a backup copy when you first synchronize ➞ Click OK.
● In EndNote ➞ Sync Library ➞ Enter the login information for your Online account ➞ OK.
Sync your library automatically every time you open EndNote Desktop:
● Edit ➞ Preferences ➞ Sync ➞ Sync Automatically